The Stuart Lake Hospital Auxiliary always welcomes new members! Also, learn more about our Youth Volunteer program.
Our membership consists of four executive board members for the Stuart Lake Auxiliary: President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. These positions are elected at the Annual General Meeting, which is held every January. There are also several committees to participate in, each with a lead volunteer.
Telephone, Historian, Corresponding Secretary, Bursary, Garden, Weekly Goodie Cart, Nomination, Memorial Donation, Junior Volunteer.
We run many activities and events throughout the year. The money we raise goes toward supporting several areas including equipment, education and health related initiatives.
- Organize and run the Dart Turkey Shoot in the fall
- Hold a Spring Raffle
- Assist Mobile Mammogram Unit Program twice a year
- Plant and maintain flower beds at the hospital
- Manage Memorial Monies
- Keep the Memorial Plaques up to date
- Fund and present the Dr. Bower Memorial Bursary at the high school's graduation
- Manage the Junior Volunteer Program at the hospital
- Present a gift and flowers for the New Years First Baby
- Organize Auxiliary Appreciation Day Celebration
- Provide funding for equipment requested by health care providers
- In December and June hold a member potluck or supper
- Provide opportunity for members to attend conferences twice a year
- Weekly goodie cart for hospital patients, residents and families
- Maintain and provide supplies in gift cupboard at hospital
- Weekly Long term Care visiting program
- With your help we could do lots more!!!